Monday, May 24, 2010

The Gift of Love

Sitting there, hands folded together, bent over, tears running down my face. Sitting there completely broken for a child that has never been loved, never been given a fair chance and cared for. A child that has not only never been loved but never been loved by God. Maybe never even heard of God or felt his presence. I sit there wrecked for God's children and
not only that but for everyone that has never been given the opportunity to know God's amazing love. I try so hard to not let tears shed, I try so hard to be strong, but I am so weak and can't hold anything back. I cry out to Jehovah-Shalom, "Please God, wreck my heart, do what you need to do, but please God, reveal yourself to this child, your child. God use me, somehow, to show this child you love him and that's all he needs is your love."

I can't stop praying for this child of God's and I can't stop thinking about all the children in Ellensburg, in the United States, and in the world that need to know that they are loved, that someone cares about them.

Remember a bright Christmas morning, you wake up and it's snowing and your family is all around you. You go downstairs to a beautiful tree with gifts showering the ground. You open them up and even though they are all great you always have a favorite. That favorite gift is a 12 on a scale from 1 to 10. You love that gift and the first thing you do when you see people is tell them all about it and how great it is. That sounds great but what we are forgetting is that we have been given an even better gift and we are given it every day of our lives. We are given the gift of Christ and His everlasting love. God, being the unselfish God He is, gave us His only son and then sacrificed Him for us. This is the greatest gift anyone could ever receive and we all receive it. The gift of God's love comes at only the cost of His own son and no one is left out of the receival of this gift. But now I think back to how excited we are when we receive a great gift at Christmas or a birthday or any other celebration. It makes me wonder how I can receive an insignificant gift on a holiday and tell everyone and get super excited yet get the greatest gift ever and hold onto it without sharing it. I think that so often we take the gift or gift from God and hold onto them, but what we need to do is exactly what are instincts tell us to do when we receive something so wonderful. We need to get excited and share it with everyone. We need to let people know that we have this special gift and that they can have it to. This is what God wants. He just wants us to receive His love and then share that love with others.

That child my heart is broken for needs to know that God loves Him and God's love is all around him. He needs to know that even though through his life things may have not been all that great, it's okay because God has never left his side, He has always been there and whether He accepts the gift or not, God will still be there.

If you are reading this I encourage you to take some form of action. Take some time and pray for God's children, that they may find someone that cares for them and someone that shows God's love to them. Pray that God will wreck your heart for the lost and that you may find courage to spread the joy you have from the gift you've received.

"Beware of going back to what you once were, when God wants you to be something that you have never been."

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have
heard from my Father I have made known to you."

1 comment: